Friday, October 26, 2007

Making up new words/revolutions

Ok, maybe I got a little carried away with putting the word ‘revolution’ in my title but I got excited!

As a new blogger I’m learning more and more every day. Learning that blogging isn’t just the best way to learn about your favorite sports team, hear the latest music, and read about your preferred drunken celebrity.

Apparently it is also a great way to vent your frustrations.

To me there is nothing wrong with venting frustrations, unless it becomes what I am now coining a “MobBlog”. You read it here first (Actually, chances are nobody is reading it here but if it ever gets big in the mainstream I called ‘DIBBS!’).

It seems that Spirit Airlines thinks it is above responding to blogs. Now, this is obviously a large mistake and now they are paying for it in the blogosphere. But I don’t really like how this whole situation is going down.

They are getting MobBlogged!

MobBlogging, it seems, is becoming a common practice where multiple bloggers get together and bash a company, product, or pundit until all credibility is lost for the aforementioned entity.

Personally, I think it is wrong that bloggers are ganging up in a negative fashion. Your experience might have been horrible, but can we give a company/blogger/product the benefit of the doubt? Maybe there were circumstances behind such issues and there aren’t future problems.

Perhaps I just have a problem or fear of bloggers gaining such control? I’m not really sure but either way it seems that the blogosphere could remain a positive place to exchange information and stories, not a place to gang up on somebody and pound them into the ground.

What do you think?

Please don’t MobBlog me now…

No comments: